At some point in our lives all of us have experienced pain – it is a common theme that unites us all, and in the UK we lose an average of 14 days off work per person per year because of pain. For some that pain is, thankfully, short lived, but for many pain has a much longer-term and debilitating impact.
In a series of engaging talks taking place across East Anglia, Julian Baker, the UK’s most experienced Bowen teacher and a Functional Anatomist with over 30 years experience, is going to be exploring and explaining pain, looking at:
- How and why we experience pain
- Scientific research into the important role of fascia in our body and its role in both transmitting and addressing pain
- Ways to address a wide range of pain presentations, from a twisted ankle, to golfers elbow, from back pain to chronic pain conditions like Fibromyalgia and everything in between.
As well as helping people to understand the way the human body hangs together, why it sometimes goes wrong, and the best way of fixing it when it does, Julian will be looking at The Bowen Technique, a gentle therapy that works with the fascia in our body, helping to address a wide range of pain presentations quickly and effectively. Bowen Therapists will also be on hand to answer any questions or queries you have, enable you to try Bowen for yourself, and to find out more about training opportunities in this amazing therapy.
Tickets are available via our Facebook Page, @burystedmundsbowen , or you from Eventbrite – please see the link for the individual venues below.
- £3.50 early bird (up to and including 18th May), £5.00 thereafter, £6.00 on the door.
- Each ticket entitles the holder to £5.00 off their first treatment with any of the Bury St Edmunds Bowen Therapists. Any profits from the event will be donated to The Tom Bowen Legacy Trust Fund UK (TBLTF).
Other venues to follow